Wedding Safe is fully committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Wedding Safe is a brand name owned and operated by Wedding Safe Ltd (Registered in England 13113893). We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it as your privacy is very important to us.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the data controller is Wedding Safe Ltd of Larkhill Farm, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 8PJ.
Wedding Safe is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.
This policy only applies to this website. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider.
Our appointed Data Protection Officer is Alison Hargreaves.
What data we collect.
If you are registering to use Wedding Safe for your events/premises we capture the following information:
- Name and contact details for the individual submitting the form.
- Business contact details and activity relating to the way your business is operated.
- Additional optional supporting data that you upload to the portal.
In all cases we capture the following information:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use Wedding Safe. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
Google Analytics processes anonymised information about:
- The pages you visit on Wedding Safe
- How long you spend on each Wedding Safe page
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address).
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
Why we need your data.
We collect data for registered users in order to securely provide access to this service.
We use your contact name and email address to update you when guidance changes and to notify you to changes to our partners or the services we offer.
We use the answers and supporting documentation that you provide to display on your profile page.
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use the site to ensure the site is meeting the needs of its users, to make improvements and in order to monitor use of the site to identify security threats.
Our legal basis for processing your data.
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of Wedding Safe.
The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics is your consent.
What we do with your data.
We will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- We consider any other company owned or operated by the directors of Wedding Safe Ltd to be a third party for this purpose.
How long we keep your data.
Registered users data will be kept until the user deletes their account.
Children's privacy protection.
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored.
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
How we protect your data and keep it secure.
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data.
You have the right to request:
- Information about how your personal data is processed
- A copy of that personal data
- That anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- Raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- Request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- Ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Privacy Team.
Contact us or make a complaint.
Contact the Privacy Team if you:
- Have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- Think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO):
ICO Number: ZB010800
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Information Commissioner's Office
Changes to this policy.
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last Updated: 10th March 2021