Establishing “best practice” across several key areas
The Wedding Safe Industry Standard
Launching in January 2021, the UK Wedding Association is committed to promoting professionalism across the wedding industry, elevating standards and ensuring consumer confidence.
- Your business understands and complies with current government guidance.
- Your business has appropriate professional liability insurance.
- Appropriate event risk assessments and COVID risk assessments are in place.
- Consumer Confidence
- Written or online contract or T+Cs for all wedding bookings.
- Ethical trading
- Reasonable costs are charged if couples need to cancel or postpone.
Check if your venue and suppliers have the Industry Standard
Check your venue and suppliers have made the ‘Wedding Safe’ pledge to keep you safe.
Who Can Apply For The Wedding Safe Standard?
All wedding venues and businesses are eligible to join the Association to receive ongoing support. Those who demonstrate a commitment to working in a fair, safe and professional way are entitled to display the Wedding Safe badge and be listed on the website.
What to expect
You will be rated 0-5 on each of the 5 criteria.
Minimum standard will receive certification and ‘Wedding Safe’ logo to display.
Your details will be listed online showing your rating.
Businesses and individuals supplying the wedding industry on a professional basis.
Venues and marquee sites hosting weddings on an occasional or regular basis.
Businesses who serve the wedding industry on an occasional or part time basis.